More than 115,000 industrial decision-makers attend IMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show – to get ideas and find answers to their manufacturing problems. “We are always trying to improve our manufacturing capabilities, and IMTS is where we go to get the information we need to do that” said Bill Metz, V.P. Operations. “IMTS makes us aware of the possibilities in this industry.”
Six employees representing different areas in the manufacturing department headed to Chicago for a four day trip to to see the complete range of manufacturing solutions at the show. “I like to attend this show to get a different perspective on overcoming some day-to-day challenges as well as long-range challenges” said Bob Luthy, Safety and Lean Manager.
About the IMTS Show
- More than 2,400 exhibitors from the metalworking industry will display their products and productivity solutions at McCormick Place in Chicago covering 1.3 million net square feet show floor. Leading manufacturers will display their equipment in product category pavilions:
- Metal Cutting: containing everything from machining centers and assembly automation to flexible manufacturing systems and lathes
- Tooling & Workholding Systems: features jigs, fixtures, cutting tools of all types and related accessories
- Fabricating & Laser: home to waterjet, plasma-arc and laser systems, welding equipment and heat treating
- Other pavilions include Abrasive Machining/Sawing/Finishing; Controls & CAD-CAM; EDM; Gear Generation; Machine Components/Cleaning/Environmental; Additive and Quality Assurance